Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Dortmund Coach Says His Team Have Recovered From The Shock Of Last Week's Attack

Borussia Dortmund manager Thomas Tuchel has said that his side are stronger after last week's attack on the team bus, as the German club look to book a place in the Champions League semi-finals.
The first leg of Dortmund's quarter-final tie with Monaco was postponed after three explosions went off near the team bus as it headed for Signal Iduna Park, leaving defender Marc Bartra needing hospital treatment for a broken bone in his wrist. The match, played a day later than scheduled, ended in a 3-2 victory for Monaco but Tuchel is confident his men can put last week's events behind them when they travel to Monaco on Wednesday.

He said “We've got this out of our system now and we're more stable emotionally. All that happened last week has made us stronger. Now we have to play well and I'm convinced we can do that. We're ready and focused. We know it will be very tough, but we have the energy and confidence we need to get a result. Our players are confident. We have a good mix between experienced and young players. We know what we need to do. We are here to win by two goals.”

Dortmund will be without central defender Bartra, who continues to recover from the injury sustained in the attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us
Email: publisher@absolutehearts.com
Phone/whatsapp: +2348027922363

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...