Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Channing Tatum Looks Dapper In Kingsman: The Golden Circle Set Photos

 
Last month we learned that Channing Tatum would be joining the cast of Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Now, with the film currently in production in London, we’ve got the first set photos of the actor in action, looking dapper in costume as he goes about some business.

Atari’s Missile Command Movie Still Coming

 
Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films has just teamed up with Atari to produce and finance two movies based on their popular 80s arcade titles Centipede and Missile Command. That’s right, previously established brand names keep reigning supreme in Hollywood.

Jurgen Klopp Has Liverpool Primed For A Big Europa League Final Performance

 
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says he feels no pressure and has his side in the best possible shape for Wednesday's Europa League final against Sevilla. Rather than feeling under pressure, the German sees the final as a "big chance" to end his first season in charge on a high.

Dave Allen Calls For British Title Battle

 
Dave Allen has laughed off Dillian Whyte's description of him as a mosquito and warned his rival to expect a white rhino if their British battle goes ahead.The two heavyweights have ignited a war of words and Whyte this week branded Allen as a 'mosquito' and welcomed a fight with his domestic rival. Whyte was originally ordered to face Hughie Fury for the British title, but Peter Fury has since revealed his son's debilitating health problems, and Allen is keen to step in as a replacement opponent

UPDATE ON THE STRIKE

 
Many Nigerians are in dilemma over the proposed strike by the NLC/TUC concerning the new pump price of N145 a liter. Here are some of the things current going on around the country

No Work, No Pay- Federal Govt Threatens Labour Leaders

 

The Federal Government of Nigeria has responded to the industrial action declared by the Nigerian Labour Congress, from Wednesday saying any work who doesn’t turn up for work would not be paid. On Tuesday the government and the leaders of the NLC had a meeting concerning the new pump price for PMS which is N145 a liter, the meeting ended in deadlock with NLC walking out of the meeting and vow to go on with the proposed strike.

Brendan Rodgers The No 1 Target For Celtic


Sources at Sky Sports understands former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is holding further talks with Celtic over their managerial vacancy. It is believed the Northern Irishman, who discussed the position with the club's hierarchy last week, is now the No 1 candidate for the post.

Jose Mourinho Told Manchester United Job Is His

 
Jose Mourinho has been told the Manchester United job is his this summer if the club's owners decide to sack Louis van Gaal. Sky sources can reveal that Mourinho was speaking after attending a dinner meeting in central London with his agent Jorge Mendes and his lawyer, in which options for his next move were discussed.

Santi Cazorla, Diego Costa And Juan Mata, Left Out Of Spain Squad For Euro 2016

 
Chelsea striker Diego Costa is among a string of high-profile names left out of Spain's provisional squad for Euro 2016.  Costa, who scored 16 goals in 41 appearances for Chelsea this season, last played for Spain in the 2-0 friendly win over England in November last year, but has lost his place in Vicente del Bosque's initial 25-man squad for the tournament in France with Athletic Bilbao's Aritz Aduriz instead earning a call.

IOC Issues Rio Olympics Ban Threat To 31 Athletes Who Failed Doping Re-Tests


Thirty one athletes from six sports could be banned from competing at this year's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro after 454 doping samples from the 2008 Beijing Olympics were re-tested.

Anthony Joshua Reveals Sparring War With Tyson Fury

 
Anthony Joshua has shed more light on his sparring war with Tyson Fury and reveals that his heavyweight rival tipped him to win a world title. Britain's two heavyweight world champions could meet in the near future if they both successfully defend their world titles this summer. 

Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Toyin Aimakhu Drags Ex Boyfriend, Segun Egbegbe To The Police

Nollywood actress, Toyin Aimakhu‘s ex-boyfriend, Seun Egbegbe has reportedly signed an undertaking not to threaten the Edo State-born actress.

Galavant Dead At ABC After Two Seasons

 
ABC has been the center of a whole lot of TV-related carnage this week, cutting a significant tie with Marvel by axing the terrific Agent Carter and shaking up its lineup by doling out pink slips to CastleNashvilleThe Muppets and The Family. But amid all the bloodletting, one quirky show met its maker quietly in the background: medieval musical comedy Galavant, which miraculously hung on at the notoriously ruthless network past its low-rated freshman run.

Freeform Axes Recovery Road

 
Recovery Road, a teen drama revolving around one girl’s struggle to overcome addiction, will not be coming back for a second season at Freeform. The newly rebranded network, formerly ABC Family, aired the 10-episode first season earlier this year, finishing it out in March. Unlike network brethren Pretty Little LiarsSwitched at Birth, and The Fosters, the scarcely promoted show didn’t catch on with viewers and barely registered with the mainstream.

Alexandra Shipp Wants Storm And Black Panther To Share The Screen

 
Alexandra Shipp, who plays Storm in this month’s X-Men: Apocalypse, told The Obsev that one of her professional pipe dreams involves bringing her mutant hero together with Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther for a blockbuster outing.

White Girl Director Elizabeth Wood May Helm Captain Marvel


Marvel appears to be establishing a clear formula for the creative roster attached to and sought for its feature adaptation of the one-time Ms. Marvel property, and misters need not apply. Recent developments in Marvel Studio’s process of vetting prospective directors for its 2019-slated Captain Marvel seem to reinforce suspicions that they’re intent on selecting a largely untapped female filmmaker to helm the project.

The Blacklist Spinoff Series Ordered By NBC

 
NBC has committed to a spinoff of its popular crime-procedural drama The Blacklist, titled The Blacklist: Redemption. After airing a backdoor pilot for the spinoff this past Thursday, the Peacock network has made its allegiance to another installment of the franchise official, signing a deal for a first season of Redemption that will air this fall. Famke Janssen, Ryan Eggold, Edi Gathegi and Tawny Cypress are all aboard reprising their Blacklist roles as the core cast of the spinoff.

Simon Kinberg Reveals Why Gambit Was Delayed

 
Gambit  has been hit with setback after setback, losing directors and being delayed several times. Currently, there isn’t much movement going on with it, but according to producer Simon Kinberg, we shouldn’t lose hope just yet.

Captain America: Civil War Tops Deadpool And Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

 
Captain America: Civil War is now 2016’s highest grossing superhero film. Marvel’s Phase 3 flick is now sitting pretty at $940.8 million worldwide, putting it past both Deadpool ($762.4 million) and Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($868.8 million). Sure, we still have X-Men: Apocalypse and Doctor Strange in the pipeline as well, but realistically, neither of those films are going to gross more than Civil War.

#StoryTuesday: The Accident (Episode One) #TheAccident

 
Today we begin a new story titled THE ACCIDENT. Read below the first episode 

Standing in front of the judge in the prosecution box, looking around at his friends and family who had come to support him, thinking to himself, what if I had let him go? What if I didn't chase after him?

Antonio Conte Acquitted Of Doing Nothing To Prevent Match-Fixing

 
Incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has been cleared of doing nothing to prevent a 2011 match-fixing scandal while manager of Siena after a fast-track trial in Cremona. The prosecutor had requested a suspended six-month sentence and fine of over £6,000, but Judge Pierpaolo Beluzzi said Conte, who will coach Italy at Euro 2016 before taking up his new post at Chelsea, was acquitted because the accusations of sporting fraud were baseless.

Chelsea And Spurs Fined Following Battle Of The Bridge

 
London rivals Chelsea and Tottenham have been hit with large fines by the FA following the fractious 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge on May 2. Both clubs admitted three breaches of failing to control their players and/or officials and Chelsea have been fined £375,000 while Spurs will have to pay £225,000.

Ed Woodward Defends Manchester United On Bomb Scare

 
Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has defended the club over the postponement of Sunday's Premier League fixture against Bournemouth at Old Trafford. Woodward has revealed that the dummy bomb which caused the stadium to be evacuated and the game to be called off had been signed as having been recovered by a private company following a training exercise involving sniffer dogs held last Wednesday.

Old Trafford Bomb Scare Was My Fault- Chris Reid


The boss of a security firm says he was responsible for the fake bomb that caused Manchester United's clash with Bournemouth to be abandoned. Chris Reid, managing director of Security Search Management & Solutions Ltd, said he had forgotten to remove a dummy bomb from one of Old Trafford's men's toilets after a training exercise on Wednesday. Reid revealed the oversight occurred as he had seen a similar device already placed in his bag before he left the ground.

Jermain Defoe Disappointed At England Euro Squad Snub

 
Jermain Defoe has expressed his disappointment at being left out of England's provisional Euro 2016 squad despite scoring the goals that steered Sunderland to Premier League safety. Defoe, who won the last of his 55 caps in 2013, had hoped his top-flight tally of 15 - bettered only by Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy and four overseas players - was enough to earn Roy Hodgson's vote. 

Jack Wilshere And Marcus Rashford Named In England Squad For Euro 2016 Preparation Matches

 
Jack Wilshere and Marcus Rashford have been included in Roy Hodgson's England squad for the forthcoming friendlies against Turkey and Australia. Arsenal midfielder Wilshere, who made his first Premier League start of the season in Sunday's 4-0 win over Aston Villa, is included in a 26-man squad that Hodgson will refine on May 31 when he names his final 23 for Euro 2016.

Tyson Fury Apologises For Controversial Comments

 

Tyson Fury has issued an apology for recent comments that were criticised for being anti-Semitic and homophobic. The statement was posted on Twitter by Peter Fury, uncle and trainer of the WBA 'Super' and WBO heavyweight champion.

Anthony Joshua Will Be Encouraged To Fight Deontay Wilder

 
Anthony Joshua could face Deontay Wilder ‘within the next year’ as he attempts to become a major star in America, says the head of US TV network Showtime.  Joshua has signed an exclusive multi-fight contract with Showtime, who previously agreed a lucrative deal to broadcast the last few fights of Floyd Mayweather's career. 

Monday, 16 May 2016

Lagos Officially An Oil Producing State - Ambode

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday declared that Lagos has officially joined the League of Oil Producing States in Nigeria following the discovery of crude oil by Tunde Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited in Badagry, Lagos.

Toyin Aimakhu's Ex, Seun Egbegbe Apologizes To Her

Nollywood actress, Toyin Aimakhu's estranged boyfriend, Seun Egbegbe, who dragged her on social media after they broke up, has apologized for all the inconveniences he caused her. He took to his IG page minutes ago and wrote,